Another big bank is entering the crypto market.
Belarusbank, the largest financial institution in Belarus, wants to introduce cryptocurrencies
According to a report by the Belarusian news agency Prime Press on November 12, Belarusbank wants to enable its customers to buy cryptocurrencies using a Visa card in the future. As part of the offer, cryptocurrencies can be purchased in exchange for national currencies such as the US dollar, the euro and the Belarusian ruble.
The bank’s management states that the adoption of Bitcoin Era is part of the financial institution’s digitization program that started a few years ago.
The new service will be available to both Belarusian and Russian citizens.
Other countries are to follow at a later date, and the number of available crypto currencies is to be expanded
As stated in the media report, the new service is the result of cooperation between Belarusbank and the Belarusian payment service provider Whitebird. Even before the most recent collaboration, the two companies had already worked on a joint crypto project in 2018.
Belarusbank is one of the first banks in Belarus to show great interest in the crypto market. In 2019, she disclosed that she was planning her own crypto exchange.
The enthusiasm for cryptocurrencies in Belarus is due to crypto-conducive legislation. As previously reported , President Alexander Lukashenko had legalized digital currencies in late 2017.
Written by admin
- Ripple se rendra-t-il à la Cour suprême pour combattre la SEC ?
- Goldman Sachs opens door for Bitcoin custody services
- Anthony Scaramucci: Bitcoin könnte bis Jahresende $100K sein, $300K wenn es einen ETF gibt
- NFL-speler ontvangt een salaris van $ 6,5 miljoen in Bitcoin
- Questa volta è diverso“ – 10 grafici Bitcoin mostrano che questo rally non è come quello del 2017